I know, I know, I just released an album last week, and here I am with another new track?!
What can I say, I'm just a creative tour de force.
The other night I was noodling around on my Eurorack modular system with the tape running. This came out.
Half-way through the session my son came downstairs on one of his many "I can't sleep" trips of the evening, and asked "Are you playing the Label Game?" His name for my modular system.
Video filmed through a 1950's d-mount cine lens on the Gower Peninsula, Wales.
My new album, PENINSVLA is out on Friday. Here's the skinny:
- You can preorder now at www.peninsvla.co.uk, and will get two tracks now, or you can wait until Friday and stream or download via iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon... basically, choose your poison.
- There are two music videos. One is for "Agendaless. Neutral. Transparent." and you can watch it now here. The other is "I didn't come here to tell you you're wrong. I just want to bring you home.", which will be out tomorrow (Nov 1st) exclusively to the free Presence App, and on general release a month later. This video stars local actress and fellow sailor Rhian Williams, and was kindly financed by Presence.
- The album is more stripped down and acoustic than my previous work, and features tenor guitar, double bass and keys, all recorded live.
- The album is also the first major work to feature my modular synthesizer.
- The cover was shot to film on a Lomo LC-A, at Mewslade.
Crazy email of the day:
Got an email asking if I’d be okay (?!) with the British Library adding my back catalogue to their collection. Of course I thought it was a scam, but did some digging around on their website, and no, really, this was an email from a real curator really asking me this.
They’re currently working on a collection of independent music releases, so I guess having never been properly signed to a label has its benefits.
So in a couple of millennia, when your cryogenically frozen body has been thawed Demolition Man style, and you’re hunting for some tunes from the olden days (aka, 2017), pop down to the British Library and look me up.
If you don't want to wait until then, my new album, PENINSVLA, is now available for pre-order and will be out on Nov. 3rd: